Monday, September 28, 2009

only down by 3


One of my first theories in life is that there would always be more Jurgensmeier boys than girls. I mean, having six brothers growing up and the first two grandchildren arriving as little miniatures of their fathers, my theory seemed to hold up. The addition of three sisters-in-law over the years was most welcome, but the boys still led 9 to 5.

However, with the new year came an announcement of another sister-in-law and a niece which made my heart flutter... the ratio of Jurgensmeier boys to Jurgensmeier girls would be 9 to 7! The closest it has ever been. I began to doubt my theory and cross my fingers for a win by the women.

Until the day of September 25th, when this cute little guy came into the family and helped secure the boys' lead. I realized, as long as these little nephews keep coming this adorable, I'd be just fine with a male victory. And I'm perfectly happy with being down by three.

No comments: